Blueberry Muffins & Buttercream


A Saturday treat, blueberry muffins and buttercream. While in town this morning the blueberries where only half price so I bought 250g of the big ripe juicy berries. I have way to many cupcake baking books but surprisingly I went back to my old faviourite Nigella "how to be a domestic goddess" and found what I was looking.

This is a very easy recipe and they only take 20 minutes to bake, so you could make a batch for breakfast if you felt like it. Nigella even suggests weighing and measuring all the ingredents the night before so you could do that. I'd hold back on the butter cream that early on in the day!

You Will Need : Makes 12 yummy muffins

75g unsalted butter (melted)
200g Plain Flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
75g caster sugar
pinch of salt
200ml butter milk ( or 100g yoghurt & 100ml semi-skimmed milk)
1 large egg
200g blueberries

Preheat the oven at 200oC

Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and the wet in a jug a beat.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry with a wooden spooon and a light hand, do not over work.

Fold in the blueberries gently, spoon in the muffins cases and bake for 20 minutes. Eat warm or cool.

I made up the buttercream recipe I heated the 50g of blueberries I had left, put them through a sieve and then reduced the puree down. I let it cool and added it to 200g butter and 400g icing sugar and mixed. You can taste a the friut a little but it was more for the glorious colourthat I wanted.



I would like to add they are very very yummy, and they go down real easy.

Enjoy

Emma xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...